We are currently looking for an experienced Air Freight Clerk to join this busy and successful team, with expert knowledge in air export procedures and a solid freight forwarding work history.
- Effectively manage all procedures involved with air freight
- Competent with operation systems
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Generate waybills and help grow the existing client base
- Arranging appropriate packing (taking account of climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods and cost), delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination.
- Negotiating contracts, transportation and handling costs.
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with overseas countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes.
- Offering consolidation services by air, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers with insufficient cargo to utilise their own dedicated units.
- Liaising with third parties to move goods by air in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranging insurance.
- Understanding and use of electronic e-mail and word documents.
- Liaising with management for large volumes and out-of-gauge movements by air.
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food, medical supplies and other fragile goods.
- Arranging courier and specialist hand-carry services.
- Working closely with customers, colleagues and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines.
- Invoice in accordance with the customer’s quotation or Company rates provided.