An opportunity for an Air Freight Forwarder to join the dynamic team.
Full time, permanent basis
Up to £40k per annum depending on experience plus benefits including pension and healthcare.
Key Tasks will include:
- Experience in processing VGM’s and import / export Customs declarations using CNS, Destin8, Descartes software and a working knowledge of CDS.
- Ability to work in a demanding office environment and balance conflicting priorities to keep up with progressive deadlines.
- Investigating and planning the most appropriate route for shipments, taking into account the nature of the goods, costs, transit times and security.
- Negotiating rates for transportation, shipping and handling costs and thereby quoting clients.
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements and any packing specifications.
- Ensuring trade compliance with other countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes.
- Maintaining current knowledge of relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the movement of freight.
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to effectively communicate and approach all situations with a calm and understanding manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and both internal and external customers. Provide customers with accurate updates and deal with any customer queries/ complaints that may arise quickly and efficiently.
- Acting as a broker in customs negotiations worldwide to guide the freight efficiently through complex procedures.
- Effective utilisation of available resources to maintain customer objectives.
- Carry out any other reasonable task as may be allocated by line or senior manager.
- At all times ensure compliance to LV HSSQE systems and procedures. Ensure safety of yourself and others around you. Be aware of trade compliance regulations, multilateral trade regimes, dual use requirements, know your customer.
- Essential – Good working knowledge of the freight forwarding industry.
- Desirable – Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Essential – Methodical thinker, with a keen attention to detail and analytical skills. Good IT capability and a strong and confident communicator.
- Essential – Motivated, resourceful, able to organise own workload and balance competing demands.
Contact Said on email@example.com for more information or apply directly below.