We are currently seeking an experienced Airfreight Import Clerk to join our team. As an Airfreight Import Clerk, you will be responsible for handling import shipments and ensuring the smooth and efficient movement of goods via airfreight. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in airfreight imports, possess excellent organizational skills, and be familiar with UK freight operations.
- Handle all aspects of airfreight import operations, including coordinating with airlines, agents, and suppliers.
- Manage the end-to-end import process, including customs clearance, documentation, and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Liaise with customers and provide excellent customer service by addressing inquiries, providing shipment updates, and resolving any issues.
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into the company’s systems and maintain proper documentation for each import transaction.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including sales, operations, and warehouse, to ensure smooth coordination of import activities.
- Monitor and track shipments, ensuring on-time delivery and proactive problem-solving in case of delays or issues.
- Stay updated on industry regulations, changes in customs procedures, and trade compliance requirements.
- Maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including customs authorities, agents, and suppliers.
- Provide accurate cost calculations, prepare invoices, and ensure timely billing for import shipments.
- Previous experience working as an Airfreight Import Clerk or in a similar role within the freight forwarding industry.
- In-depth knowledge of airfreight import processes, customs regulations, and documentation requirements.
- Familiarity with UK freight operations, including customs clearance procedures, import duties, and VAT regulations.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with freight management systems and MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a proactive and problem-solving mindset.
- A flexible approach to work, including the ability to adapt to changing priorities and handle time-sensitive tasks.
- Right to work in the UK.
Salary & Benefits
- The salary for this position will be in the range of £27,000 to £35,000 per annum, depending on experience.
- Additional benefits package to be discussed during the interview process.
If you meet the above qualifications and are ready to join a dynamic and growing organization, we invite you to apply for this position. Please submit your resume and a cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
We appreciate all applications; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.