Purpose of Role
The Branch Manager will organise and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety.
The Branch Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, office staff supervision, and task delegation.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- The successful Branch Manager is an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
- Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Well organised, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people.
- Responsible for Office Management, organising and coordinating administration duties and office .
- The role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of effectiveness, communication and experienced in managing teams or people
- Strong organisational skills
- Work with the team to balance work loads
- Experienced in creating management information packs for internal and customer use.
- Respect – able to act as a positive role model against our values, to operate professionally and respecting confidentiality
- Agility – able to consider practical solutions to people-related challenges at pace where necessary
- Innovation – able to consider a variety of solutions to people-related challenges, constantly assessing new ways of working
- Excellence – strives for maximum levels of performance
- Do the right thing
- Always shows kindness
- Interpersonal Skills
- Operate with Integrity
- Proven experience as an Office Manager within a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in managing teams or people
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Strong organisational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ensure the smooth running of the office
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way
- Ensure security, integrity, and confidentiality of data
- Manage internal staff relations
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensure invoicing is completed on time and accurately
- Evaluate and manage staff performance
- Coach, mentor, and discipline staff
- Tech savy, worked within an organisation driven by tech solutions, be able to own a tech project
- Maintain the office conditions and arrange necessary repairs
- Ensure top performance of office staff by providing them adequate coaching and guidance
- Ensure workload is monitored and evenly distributed throughout the team
- Freight Forwarding experience
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation
- Manage office budget, ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operations
- Experience in an administrative/office management role
- Establish policies and procedures for staff
- Develop quality control processes
- Carry out staff appraisals and measure performance
- Experienced in creating management information packs for internal and customer use
- Prepare reports and give presentations to the senior management team
- Support staff career development
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Ability to coordinate with the IT department on all office equipment
IT Skills & knowledge
Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)