We are a leading global logistics company looking for an experienced Freight Business Development Manager to join our team in Leeds. As a Freight Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities, building long-lasting relationships with clients, and driving revenue growth.
- Generate new business opportunities through proactive prospecting, networking, and lead generation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing clients to increase revenue and customer loyalty.
- Analyse market trends and competitor activity to identify new business opportunities.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and implement effective sales strategies.
- Negotiate pricing and contracts with clients to maximize profitability.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to potential and existing clients.
- Keep up to date with industry trends, regulations, and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of sales activity and customer interactions.
- Proven experience in freight sales or business development within the logistics industry.
- A strong track record in generating new business and achieving sales targets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to close deals.
- A thorough understanding of the logistics industry, including shipping, air freight, and road transport.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM software.
- Full UK driving license.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and growing global logistics company with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for sales and a strong background in freight, we would love to hear from you.