Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Acquire new business by way of a consistent outdoor presence, structured & targeted appointments along with follow up and cold calls.
- Reporting back to main hub to align with commercial / customer solutions department and hub management.
- Existing client base development, maintenance and retain the assigned sales portfolio as well as an active sales pipeline respecting the set targets and regional goals.
- Ensure the achievement of the company’s strategic commercial objectives
- Identification, follow-up and control of potential targets.
- Extend the information received from each business contact for possible upgrade / added value which includes IT solutions.
- Promote and develop services within a defined region
- Establish a personal sales agenda, manage their own pipeline reports in accordance with company procedures
- Recording of sales activity in companies CRM system
- Customer quotations and customer tariff management
- Identifying new business and cross selling opportunities
- Achieve given targets as directed by management
- Ensure company compliance in all areas
- Implement new business with key stakeholders within the organisation
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of the competition and marketplace
- Any other tasks deemed commensurate with the role
Key Competencies & Skills
- A results orientated individual who constantly challenges themselves to exceed expectations
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of a business
- Good negotiation and persuasive skills
- Time management skills are essential
- Excellent Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
Education & Experience
- Ideally, demonstrate employment within the freight industry of more than 2 years
- Track record of achieving targets and objectives
- £40,000 – £50,000 p/a
- Company car allowance (£400 p/m)