Candidate will report directly to the Managing Director and must be able to demonstrate extensive experience (5 – 10 years) and an excellent track record working within senior management roles in the freight forwarding/ logistics industry. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of sea and air freight, supply chain solutions, and experience in developing new business opportunities through effective management of industry solutions and customer service teams across the UK.
- Developing and implementing commercial strategies according to company objectives and time frames aiming to accelerate growth.
- Conducting market research and analysis to create detailed business plans and commercial opportunities.
- Managing and developing National Supply Chain Solutions and National Customer Services Team.
- Development of a new business portfolio of key accounts.
- Budgetary responsibility
- Retention and development of existing customers to maximise business opportunities and monitor customer satisfaction.
- Key account management
- Trade lane development – Engaging with overseas colleagues to develop relationships and secure new business opportunities.
- Conduct performance development reviews
£80,000 – £100,000 p/a (DOE)