To complete customs entries and associated documents in a timely manner in order to ensure the smooth movement of consignments through the port environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Data input of all information
- Print scanned shipping docs, create job file
- Issue Unique Consignment Reference Number for Duty Management Shipments
- Obtain UCN for Cargo from inventory systems – DESTIN8, CNS.
- Create Simplified Frontier Declaration (SFD) or Full Customs Entry
- For each SFD create a supplementary entry (SDI)
- Check pending clearances that are being examined, unloading at ERTS or ICD or otherwise delayed
- Deal with queries or Customs post actions as appropriate
- Create Export entry
- Maintain client Customs Warehouse records
- Report maintenance
- Regime manangement for example IP, Bonded warehouse
- UCR management
- Invoice clients
- Any other delegated tasks deemed as reasonable as assigned by the reporting manager
- Ability to grasp procedures/processes quickly.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate well both verbaly and in the written form
- Ability for pay attention to detail and work in an accurate and methodical way
- Ability to handle pressure and good time-management
- Ability to adapt to change and work effectively as part of a team
- Experience in customs is an advantage
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the departmental and company procedure manual.
- Ensure that I understand the Rules and Regulations of all statutory bodies