HeadfordGroup is looking for an Export Operator to join our successful and expanding export department.
The Company id an internationally recognised, multi award-winning Logistics Company. We combine the best-in class technology and people to be a leading independent freight management and supply chain solutions provider, simplifying international trade and adding value to our clients
Key duties and responsibilities
To strengthen our export team we are looking for an Export Operator who will be responsible for
- Taking bookings and arranging ocean export shipments from origin to destination
- Completing accurate export documentation including bills of lading, NES entries, invoices
- Liaising effectively with customers, hauliers, shipping lines and overseas agents
- Providing rates and quotations on sales enquiries from customers with prompt follow up
- Negotiating with suppliers in order to optimise profit margin
- Building rapport with customers in order to identify and generate new business
- Supporting the sales campaign in developing and securing new business
- Building rapport with clients in order to identify opportunities for new business
- Resolving any issues and problems faced by customers ; dealing with complaints to maintain trust
Required experience, skills and qualities
- Previous experience in the shipping / freight forwarding sector is beneficial
- Excellent communication skills with ability to deliver high level of customer service
- High level of speed and accuracy with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills with ability to work under pressure
- Hard working, flexible with willingness to learn and develop new skills
What’s on Offer
- Work for the industry’s Employer of the Year!
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Innovative and agile working environment where opinions and fresh ideas are valued and encouraged.
- Award Winning staff development program offering genuine career development opportunities.
- Staff Loyalty schemes, Health Care Plan, Enhanced holiday scheme, cycle to work, weekly yoga, mentoring scheme, Going the extra miles award
- You’ll work with an internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team with a clear vision and strategy.
- Hybrid working model with flexibility to work from home