Purpose of the position
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the primary goal is to co-ordinate the internal freight sales activities of the company. This includes requests and follow up on any potential new business opportunities and creating awareness of the company’s product and capabilities.
Essential duties & responsibilities
- Assist in prospecting for new business and support the sales and operations staff.
- Proactively develop airfreight opportunities from customers, networks and agents
- Obtain relevant information from customers in order to complete quotations and supply best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Source buy rates and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all Quotations and costs are loaded onto computer system, checking for accuracy.
- Assist in maintaining rate matrices to enable fast and accurate turnaround of quotations.
- Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Be aware of company product, services, key selling points and general market knowledge.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key partners/agents, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Deliver new sales opportunities with overseas partners and agency networks in line with Strategic Sales campaigns and promotions.
- Establish and maintain effective communication links with external sales managers to develop and maximise all new business sales opportunities.
- Join sales managers on customer visits to assist in retaining or securing new accounts, when required.
- Maintain all records within company systems, with focus on sharing pertinent information with management and colleagues.
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators set. These should be reviewed weekly and summarised monthly along with action plans for improvement for the following month, as appropriate.
- Focus on campaigns around commodities, agents, networks, territories or market sectors with expected outcomes and results to be detailed to the Branch Manager.
- Propose events and activities to enhance Freedom Logistics’ connection with potential target customers and markets. Attend events, as appropriate and agreed.
- Ensure financial targets are met or exceeded. At the same time ensure that all appropriate financial controls are in place to comply with financial and regulatory requirements.
Knowledge, skills & abilties
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Able to implement and manage systems which further enhance the APGL profile
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Able to promote the group’s corporate culture
- Computer literate