Exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunity for a candidate who is outgoing, confident and organised that enjoys working in the Freight Forwarding and International Logistics industry and ideally has experience of handling Exhibition Freight.
Due to the dual nature of the role combined operations/sales, some travel away from the office will be required for periods up to a maximum of 2 weeks.
Key responsibilities include
- Working with new and existing clients to achieve sales growth to agreed targets
- Assist in quotes for freight tenders, oversees enquiries and logistic proposals
- Input real time data using the company CRM system on leads, opportunities, and actions
- Drafting and sending appropriate sales correspondence & Follow up calls
- Development of global Agents, approved Vendors List.
- Coordination of international/european division work in relation to various exhibitions, events, private product launches
- On-site representation at exhibitions globally
- The provision of excellent customer service
- Accounts housekeeping including quotations and invoicing
- Budget management and cost control.
- Liaison with the Business Development Manager and Operations team
The candidate should have
- Multi-modal freight forwarding experience
- Sales experience
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Track record of working to set timescales
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Events and Exhibition experience
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Work with the team to continually improve processes and business performance
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisals and or those set monthly or quarterly
- International Logistics
- Freight Forwarding.
£30,000 – £35,000 + (Depending on Experience)