To assist with the day to day operation of the combined Customer Service / Spot Rate Department. You will be working as part of a team dealing with customer enquiries. Ensuring the highest level of service is experienced at all times. You will also be involved in communicating with Airlines on a regular basis as well as building and maintaining solid relationships with existing and potential customers.
Main accountabilities include
- Handling Customer queries / bookings for Export & Import Consignments via e-mail and telephone.
- Receiving & responding to spot rate enquiries via telephone and e-mail.
- Negotiating best possible deals with airlines and overseas partners.
- Building and maintaining solid relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Securing business and maximising profits.
- Working to a high level of accuracy
- Checking with Airlines and partners that shipments have departed as planned.
- Completing various reports e.g. web bookings fail to show or require to be re-booked.
- Call Answering – Ensuring the telephones are answered in a timely and professional manner.
- Emails – ensure any email communication is answered as quickly and politely as possible.
- To assist Export Agents / Spot rate negotiators and Management as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Imports and Exports within the Air Cargo and Express.
- Excellent time management skills to ensure workloads are completed on a daily basis.
- Good telephone manner with previous experience of high call volumes.
- Good Operational & product knowledge desirable.
- Ability to work on own initiative and function within a team.
- Must be proactive & forward thinking.