Website Headford Group
Headford is working with a close client to find a candidate for this role as soon as possible.
Role is entry level with on the job training however a background in the Freight Forwarding industry will be required to be able to handle the role.
Candidate needs to be enthusiastic, self-motivated and with the willingness and capacity to take on initiative and responsibilities as their knowledge grows.
The job description is as follows:
We are looking for someone to be based in our HO in Purley, with broad administrative, technical and contractual abilities who can turn hand to various roles as and when needed. The candidate will be a key to go person within the Operations Team. He/She will need good communication skills and be able to persevere with an even temperament with customers and suppliers alike in obtaining our operational and administrative requirements.
There are 3 main elements that he/she will spend most time on, being to:
1/ ensure that our shipments proceed as smoothly as possible, which involves liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure operational efficiency and processing of documentation; a large portion of that time will be spent working with suppliers to ensure they perform their contractual obligations in a timely manner
2/ input in the company management system and maintain accurate data related to our business transactions
3/ work closely with Finance Team to optimise control of invoicing and payments.
4/ Key person for general enquiries
– ensure shipments proceed as smoothly as possible, resolving any difficulties as quickly, whilst keeping the customer updated as needed
– obtain Bills of Lading and other shipping documents from suppliers
– update and maintain our management system
– expedite and chase payments as necessary (in liaison with the Financial Manager)
– support the Managers as reasonably requested
– respond to customer/suppliers/colleague enquiries promptly /professionally
– liaise with IT providers
– Print and distribute routine operational computer reports