Website Headford Group
Headford are delighted to be working with our exclusive client to find the perfect candidates for their upcoming roles.
Please note there is also a Customs Brokerage Supervisor role with this same company.
The main purpose of the role is to maintain customs formalities and complete customs entries. We are looking to build a team of both qualified and trainee customs clearance clerks.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Involved in the day to day customs clearance activities
• Preparation of customs entries to ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met
• Preparation of other trade documentation and forms required for certain products by authorities.
• Liaising with importers/exporters and others to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
• Enter data onto specialist customs software
• Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently relating to customs procedures, tariff classifications, duty rates and any other documentation requirements
• Keep up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
• Liaise with Port Health and Customs officials on document checks
• Previous customs clearance experience required
• Interest of the Haulage and customs clearance industry
• Willing to learn the import/export process
• Experience of using customs software preferable
• Excellent administration skills
• Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach
• Strong communication skills essential both written and verbal
• Positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn
• Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
• Ability to interpret the legal requirements to members and customers in an easy to understand way
• Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent numerical skills
• Self-motivated and ability to organise your own work effectively