Main purpose of the role:
To provide shipping, transport and forwarding expertise across all modes (Ocean, Air and European Road), build and develop relationships with customers in order to generate and increase business. Understanding customers needs and requirements and promote internal solutions across LTS services range. To provide service information, quotations, take bookings and champion the needs of the customer.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
1. To operate, provide service information, quotations, take bookings and champion the needs of the customer across all service modes (Ocean, Air and European Road).
2. To offer a high standard of customer service across all modes (Ocean/Air/Road), by providing accurate and appropriate information and demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner.
3. To handle shipments by Ocean, Air and Road forwarding operationally from start to finish, Protect the company from unpaid accounts by taking due note and following the company policies with regard to credit ratings and outstanding account balances.
4. To receive incoming enquiries and collect all the necessary information, to ensure bookings are correctly and accurately processed.
5. To process shipment information in a timely manner to prevent delays
6. Engage with customers and provide appropriate quotations. Follow up quotations and correspondence with customers using your best endeavours to secure business at all times.
7. To collate all the necessary information to ensure any order progress enquiries from customers are dealt with efficiently and kept informed of the status of the order at all times.
8. To work in conjunction with Sales to develop and secure new business and also through your own initiative generate leads with a view to work alongside your line manager/sales in-order the account is secured.
9. To demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Customs Regulations/Dangerous Goods/Insurance rules; determine whether goods are subject to any of these special requirements ensure adherence and be capable of providing advice to customers as necessary.
10. To liaise with customs brokers when required, providing them with accurate information to ensure goods are quickly cleared for import/export in accordance with the Customer’s requirements.
11. To undertake any general office duties required, including typing, filing, to contribute to the smooth and efficient running of the department.
12. To alert the Line Manager of any pending claims and collate information to process any claims promptly and professionally, in accordance with Company procedures.
13. To deal with any communication into and out of the department in a customer focused professional manner.
14. To build and maintain effective business relationships with colleagues throughout the business.
15. To ensure that all activities operate within LTS Distribution policies and procedures and to demonstrate a commitment to these through their own working practices.
16. To ensure that all documentation, records and systems are accurate and kept up to date.
17. To prepare and present information for LTS management team, based upon agreed target parameters, as required.
18. To comply with the Health and Safety statement and the Q.I procedures in all areas of responsibility.
19. To carry out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and offer support to other departments when required.
Essential Skills, experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant experience in international Ocean, Air, Road freight operation across key markets (FCL/LCL, Airfreight, and EU Import/Exports).
- Commercial experience of Ocean/Air/Road freight buying/quoting processes.
- Good inter-personal skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and logical thinking