Headford are delighted to be working with our exclusive client to find the perfect candidates for their upcoming roles.
Please note there is also a Customs Brokerage Supervisor role with this same company.
The main purpose of the role is to maintain customs formalities and complete customs entries. We are looking to build a team of both qualified and trainee customs clearance clerks.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Involved in the day to day customs clearance activities
- Preparation of customs entries to ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are met
- Preparation of other trade documentation and forms required for certain products by authorities such as DEFTA and Forestry Commission.
- Liaising with importers/exporters and others to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
- Enter data onto specialist customs software
- Deal with all queries quickly and efficiently relating to customs procedures, tariff classifications, duty rates and any other documentation requirements
- Keep up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
- Liaise with Port Health and Customs officials on document checks
- Previous customs clearance experience required
- Interest of the Haulage and customs clearance industry
- Willing to learn the import/export process
- Experience of using customs software preferable
- Excellent administration skills
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Strong communication skills essential both written and verbal
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to solve problems and work under pressure
- Ability to interpret the legal requirements to members and customers in an easy to understand way
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent numerical skills
- Self-motivated and ability to organise your own work effectively