Headford are pleased to be working with this exclusive client to find the best candidates for their upcoming roles.
Please note there is also a Customs Brokerage Clerk position in addition to this Supervisor one.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Aligning the customs brokerage strategy to the organisation’s strategy
• Responsible for the customs brokerage team and the delivery of targets and KPIs
• To collate and provide daily, weekly and monthly departmental statistics, as required
• To manage and collate leads from prospects database
• To offer a strategy for improving the efficiency of the team
• To motivate and be a role model for the Customs Brokerage Team, promoting cross office and team collaboration and employee engagement
• Proactive approach to people management matters, such as performance management, employee relations and absence management
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
• Conducts monthly 121s with all team members to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide insight for the improvement of the customs brokerage team and activity performance. This will also link in with the annual PDRs which will need to be conducted with all members of the Customs Team.
• Provides timely feedback to senior management regarding performance
• Constructively handles (or supervises the handling of) all customer complaints related to the team
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience of customs entry completion within the United Kingdom is required
• Experience using NCTS & EMCS preferable
• Previous background of working in the ro/ro environment is preferable
• Working knowledge of the UK tariff and Union Customs Code essential
• Experience of managing a team
• Proven leadership and ability to liaise professionally at all levels
• Good people management skills, with experience of recruiting new employees and dealing with employee relations issues
• Good, professional communicator and able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments
• Strong project management and organisational skills
• IT literate: Familiar with using word processing, databases, spreadsheets and web applications include email, e-marketing,