Website Headford Group
Freight Forwarding Recruitment Specialists
Full time postion
Salary discussed on application
- Reporting to and working with the Operations Supervisor the Import Coordinator will work closely with customers, clients and agents.
- Must have experience on the door to door Import process, including Customs clearances.
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The Import Coordinator is responsible for liaising between customers, suppliers and transport companies to ensure efficient deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of the import process;
- Obtain and communicate, internally and externally, all necessary information to ensurecorrect measures are in place and customer needs are met;
- Liaise between suppliers, forwarders and agents to obtain up to date shipment information;
- Ensure customers are fully informed of the progress of their shipments; Provide transport companies with the relevant information to ensure customer delivery requirements are met;
- Ensure correct documentation is on file and act accordingly as set out in the instructions;
- Maintain all files ensuring they are costed and billed correctly in accordance with procedures provided by management;
- Cover the export operations when required;
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
- Work with the operations team to continually improve processes and business performance;
- Support changes in the role necessary to take the department and business forward;
- Work to achieve personal objectives set at appraisal and/or those set monthly or quarterly
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Achieve agreed individual objectives;
- Understand and adhere to all our clients policies and procedures relevant to the role.
Please contact Jason Pocock if this role is of interest to you.