Headford Growth are currently working with a global leader in the supply of courier services. They have an immediate requirement for an Inside Sales Executive to join their organisation. You will be based at their Manchester offices and further details of this fantastic opportunity below.
Role: Inside Sales Executive
Full time position
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 plus Bonus Package
Hours: Mon-Fri, 09:00-17:00
The main purpose is to support TSMs, ensuring they have maximum selling time, facilitating profitability and volume growth. This will also entail managing your own portfolio:
· Preparing quotations and contracts for potential customers (incl. rate proposals and proposal writing) and distribute to customers (to be trained on quote shop). Quote follow up is also essential.
· Lead generation – generating leads and appointments for TSM’s
· 50 prospect calls per week as a minimum.
· Be responsible for your own portfolio of customers under £50K & over £10K.
· Managing the mailbox including conducting credit checks.
· Assisting with uploading rates into rate calculator.
· Work hand in hand with the local branch sales team, and collaborate with the wider business.
· Foster positive relationships with other individuals and departments such as Sales, Air/Ocean Product Management, Branch Operations, Customer Experience, Finance, at all levels.
· Work closely with local branch sales to strengthen the overall Sales team effort.
The role will be primarily internal facing but there may be a requirement to visit customers and to own the growth of certain business accounts.
Acts with integrity, transparency and humility. Treats others with respect at all times.
· Identifies opportunity within the market
· Initiates, builds and maintains effective relationships with customers
· Develops and delivers high quality and innovative solutions
· Inspires customers and gains their commitment
· Gains organisational alignment and support for customer needs
· Works in a high performance environment to help drive results
· Positively influences the local branch and sales teams to collaborate effectively
· Understands and delivers against clear, challenging and achievable objectives
· Self-motivates and accepts responsibility for own success
· Target oriented, not easily distracted with a single purpose vision
· Conveys a clear sense of personal goals and values
· Actively seeks feedback to improve performance
· Develops new skills and modifies behaviours based on feedback, being adaptive and learning
· Takes personal responsibility for career and development
· Ideally 2-3 years minimum in the shipping, freight forwarding and logistics industry.
· Operational knowledge of Air and Ocean freight would be beneficial.
· A good communicator with commercial sense and understanding.
A great introduction to Sales, suitable for anyone looking to progress into a Field Sales role. The successful Inside Sales Executive could expect opportunities to open up in Territory Sales, Pricing, or other commercial roles within the business.