Headford Growth are delighted to be working with a Freight Forwarder with an extensive Blue Chip export and import client base. Established almost 50 years, their growth has been sustained through careful expansion and the recruitment of a cross-section of highly skilled staff drawn from multifarious backgrounds covering all facets of the shipping and forwarding industry. They also adopt a policy of employing key senior graduate staff from commercial manufacturing I.T. and banking backgrounds enabling the Group to offer an infinite range of specialised logistics options to its extensive client base on a multiplicity of entry levels.
They are now recruiting for Freight Forwarding Operator to join their team.
· Follow strict and time sensitive SOP’s/KPI’s to ensure compliance
· Work closely with internal and external customers
· Invoicing and job costing
· Good understanding of Letter of credits and Insurance
· Good knowledge of export customs entries
· Assist Supervisor and line manager with customer development
· Regular customer communication / meetings and business reviews
· Month end department compliance
· Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
· Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
· Operate within companies AEO systems
· To have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
· To provide operational activity reports to customers (where required).
· To maintain folders and files within the operating system to ensure data collaboration is available.
· To ensure all daily work schedules are completed in line with approved department procedures and deadlines.
· To ensure that all Customs policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
· To ensure that instructions from your line manager/supervisor are carried out effectively and efficiently in the interest of the business at all times.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Ideally minimum of 3 years Export experience
· Knowledge of multi-modal Export processes
· Customs knowledge
· High level of customer service skills
· Required Behavioural Competencies:
· Problem solving skills
· Procedure and SOP writing skills
· Proactive approach to understand pitfalls and service limitations
· Customer service driven
· Result-oriented and driven to achieve goals and meet targets
· Profitability and result-oriented and always looking for improvement in our business processes
· Team oriented
· Well organised
· Quality focus
· Knowledge of Customs Tariff and Procedures
· Financial Awareness
· Negotiation Skills
· Willingness to work flexible hours as the business requires
· Ability to take responsibility for own workload
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with variable requests being made
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic approach to work at all times
Logistics and Supply Chain
If you feel you have the right skills, experience and drive, please get in touch to learn more.