Headford Growth UK are currently recruiting a BDM for a growing large freight forwarding company covering the South. The right candidate with have extensive Business Development experience in Air & Ocean freight forwarding.
About Our Client
Our client is a large logistics provider (Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, Haulage and Port Logistics) – capable of managing complex supply chains and providing a wealth of innovative value-added services. The client is currently heavily investing in their growing air & ocean freight division.
Air & Ocean Freight Forwarding – Business Development Manager – South
• Driving new business and sales in Air & Ocean Freight
• Candidate must have tender, bidding and negotiation experience
• Freight Forwarding new business experience (essential)
• Proactive and manage own diary
The Successful Applicant
Air & Ocean Freight Forwarding – Business Development Manager – South:
• 5 years minimum experience of Freight Forwarding sales (mandatory)
• Demonstrate ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
• Strong relationship building skills
• Account Management experience (desirable – however this is a full business development role)
• Excellent communication, both verbal and written
• Develop and/or understand performance metrics to assist with driving business results.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
• Entrepreneurial spirit
What’s on Offer
£35K – £55K + Company Car/Car Allowance