Job Title: Operations Manager – Air and Sea Freight
Main Purpose of Job:
To identify and achieve the optimum utilisation of all resources to the profitable benefit of the
Company and customer, in accordance with company operational procedures, financial
budgets and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety.
- Achieve operational targets in line with budgetary constraints.
- Select, train, motivate, appraise, develop and manage personnel to achieve total customer focus.
- Ensure the optimal use of resources, both internal and external maximizing cost effectiveness and maintaining service levels while continually seeking alternative methods to improve service levels.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and relationships with Staff, customers and suppliers.
- Facilitate an awareness and accomplish budgets and targets set within the division while also being responsible to add £ 70k of new business each year.
- Identify, fulfil and review training and development needs of all subordinates within the department, through the formal appraisal process and on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively manage resources through assessment of workloads and delegation of tasks in order to meet deadlines and business objectives.
- To negotiate contract buy rates on a local basis with major ocean and airline carriers both for import and exports.
- Ensure problems and or difficulties which arise are dealt with promptly and in a professional business like manner.
- A proven track record in Air & Sea operations is essential.
- The ideal candidate will have 5 years work related experience.
- Forwarding or relevant trade qualification desirable.