Ocean & Air Branch Manager – £46K-£50K + Company Car/Allowance, Medical Insurance, Pension + Structured bonus based on the profitability of the branch
• Part of the Overseas Management Team
• Ensure all employees are complaint in accordance with corporate compliance guidelines
• Ensure Company HR policies are maintained fully
• Ensure that the branch continues to meets high levels of Customer service and Data Quality.
• Recruitment, staff development through training and man-management.
• P&L Management and review
• Month end reporting and summaries
• Forecasting and budgeting
• Ensuring all financial tasks for the branch are fully met and in accordance with regulations.
• Commercial activities to include Customer retention and development, actively seeking new business opportunities in the region.
• Maintaining Customer and Vendor contracts as required
• Networking with other UK Managers on cross-selling and integrated services opportunities.
• Regular Customer visits
• Attending UK Management Meetings
• UK and International Travel as required
• Any other duties commensurate with the position
Key Competencies (e.g. communication, problem-solving etc.)
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Organizational skills
• Operational and commercial background across Air and Ocean modalities.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Pro-active approach to problem solving
Skills and Experience (e.g. proficient in Microsoft Office, 1-2 years relevant experience etc):
• Minimum 5 years experience in a Management role
• Minimum 10 years Freight Forwarding experience (Multi Modal preferred)
• Proven commercial experience in Supplier/Customer Management and development.
• Knowledge of Management Accounts (P&L) , Budgeting and forecasting
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Package – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc
Qualifications (e.g. GCSE in Maths and English, Degree, Professional Body Membership etc):
• Minimum of 5 GCSE
• Must have Grade A in English and Maths.
• Trade Qualifications an advantage. BIFA/IATA/CILT etc.