European FTL Manager – Road Freight Forwarder – Essex/Birmingham
Salary: Up to £50K Salary (DOE), Bonus, Car or Car Allowance – Excellent OTE
To identify and achieve the optimum utilisation of all resources to the profitable benefit of the company and customers, in accordance with company operational procedures, financial budgets and statutory requirements, including Health & Safety and Environment.
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will build up and manage the full load volumes at the company for the European & Eastern European markets by liaising with UK sales teams, external forwarders and establishing good working relationship with UK manufactures.
· Achieve agreed operational targets in line with budgetary constraints
· Assess results to ensure financial care, cost awareness and budgetary targets are achieved
· Ensure appropriate resources are employed to achieve business objectives within agreed financial parameters
· Ensure legislative compliance in all areas
· Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment
· Implement company policy and procedures by ensuring staff have the necessary qualifications and expertise to carry out their roles
· Maintain relationships with suppliers, both internal/external, to ensure effective operation and quality service
· Promote and maintain relationship with internal and external Partners, suppliers and clients to ensure a continual development of service and service levels
· Evaluate daily performance of operational functions. Ensure that they are carried out in accordance with the company policy. To ensure a high standard of quality and best use of resources. Review and appraise results to ensure accuracy of work (continually)
· Select, train, motivate, appraise to develop and manage personnel to achieve total customer focus
· Identify, fulfil and review training and development needs of all subordinates within the department, through the formal appraisal process and on an ongoing basis
· Effectively Manage resources through assessment of workloads and delegation of tasks in order to meet deadlines and business objectives
· Support and assist all group companies as and when requested
· Ensure problems and or difficulties which arise are dealt with promptly and in a professional and business-like manner
The ideal candidate
· The person we are looking for must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook and a clear focus on high job quality and profit making.
· The position will consist of a mix of administration as well as operational and commercial tasks.
· We are looking for a person who can add extra quality to their already highly skilled management team in the company and be able come up with alternative solutions to challenges and problems whilst at the same time work under pressure
· The applicant must have good financial awareness, organised and punctual, good knowledge of the road freight industry and prior experience in setting up a full load operation as well as sourcing one-way hauliers