Job Title: Breakbulk/Gateway & Import Manager
Location: London Heathrow
We have a vacancy for an UK Import Gateway & London Import Manager to lead a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities for London Airfreight Station.
The London Airfreight Import team handles over 80000 shipments p.a. for a vast range of customers from all business sectors and our UK Import Gateway handles over 22000 arrivals for our branch network.
- Continuously grow customer service excellence and productivity effectiveness through development and process review.
- Engage and grow all people in area of responsibility through the implementation of Active Leadership.
- Responsible for the retention and growth of Key Accounts within the Region and for identifying key areas of added value to the customer.
- Lead customer reviews; identify ‘hot spots’ ensuring KPI’s and continuous improvement programmes are run in partnership with customers.
- Manage and develop existing customer relationships internally and externally to ensure they are committed and that their business is retained and opportunities for growth are leveraged.
- Manage implementation of all new key accounts to ensure successful for customer and company.
- Lead/participate in presentations to existing and potential customers.
- Participate where appropriate in relevant Industry Forums promoting the company.
- Maximise Gross Profit through Service Selection
- Manage Carriers and Handling Agents performance and to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (System Milestones and Complaint Management Tool)
- Manage Weekly Team briefing sessions
- Complete and Manage all statutory and mandatory training
- Provide the Document Courier with instructions as necessary
- Manage the ETSF inventory, compliance
- Adhere to and lead Customs Compliance procedures and documentation
- Manage Agent Handovers and billing process
- Manage the timely movement of shipment documentation to UK branches
- Liaise directly with branches on shipment planning and coordination and develop a pull process to proactively pull our import consignments into the UK
- Liaise directly with Transport & Warehouse teams on shipment planning and coordination
- Maintain accurate filing and archiving
- Update Complaint Tool with all required inputs including root cause and solution when assigned
- Drive and Manage Overseas handling of UK inbound consignments
- GP Improvement driving overseas station to build ULD’s
- Manage the Import CASS statement
- Five or More years’ leadership experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- Experience and sound acknowledge of HMRC procedures Essential
- Commercial awareness.
- Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken)
- Processes Management
- Ability to Lead a culture of continuous improvement
- Inter-personal skills – Influencing, communication, relationship management, cultural awareness and ability to work across teams