The role is dealing with the processing of consignments arriving to the U.K. by road from Europe.
The role of a Land Freight Operator would suit someone who is keen to challenge themselves.
Working in a very busy Ocean Freight Export and Import desk, approximate split 70/30 export/import, but a good all-round knowledge of sea freight operations desirable.
- Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.30 – one-hour unpaid lunch
- Up to £30,000
Job duties & Responsibilities Sea Freight Coordinator
- Assist the Supervisor General Sea Freight Operations in the execution of duties in support of the Head of Air and Ocean’s vision of the company to become more competitive and profitable
- Understand and execute the departments vision of good business development to successfully move Sea Freight products
- Complete all Import, Export and Cross Trade activities correctly and on time including financial, legal and invoicing transaction
- Correctly complete all customs import/export declaration forms
- Ensure all operational activities are completed on time
- Immediately report any amendments to the customs declaration forms to line manager
- Complete ad-hoc and spot checks on customer entries and submit reports to line manager weekly
- Maintain and utilise the operational system at all times
- Ensure all duties/VAT is charged correctly upon invoicing and collect any monies due in line with SOPs
- Maintain regular communication with sales teams reporting new sales leads and handover of shipments
- Create new and maintain current SOPs for the department
- Maintain excellent customer and inter-departmental relationships at all times giving regular feedback to line manager
- Follow up late customer payments in conjunction with credit control
- Communicate quotations to the line manager/sales team within two hours of receipt and ensure all quotations are recorded on the system in one format
- Implement and improve new efficiencies in customer workflow in conjunction with line manager
- Ensure all reports are generated by given deadlines and handed to line manager
- Before release, ensure all goods under Alpi’s Deferment account are approved for delivery via accounts and/or line manager
- Accurately complete all invoicing for imports, exports and clients within 48 hours of activity
- Ensure insurances are charged correctly and any insurance claims are handed to line manager without delay
- Provide holiday and sickness cover as required
Skills & Qualifications
- Previous experience of Freight Forwarding export/Imports sea freight industry
- High level attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to prioritise and organise own workload
- Must be a team player
- Have commercial awareness
- Must be flexible with their working hours
Company Benefits Along with 20 days annual leave + Public holidays and yearly pension review we offer the following benefits
- Confidential EAP platform for you and your immediate family members as spouse/partners and children aged 16 to 24 in full-time education, living in the same household
- Access to our Employee Discounts and Perks, which includes Grocery Shopping, Holidays, Movies, Sports, Wellness and many more.
- After one year’s service employees are eligible to join the Private Medical Scheme (application process required).
- After one year’s service company contributions increase 9% for the Group personal Pension Plan.
- Holiday loyalty days up to a maximum of 5 days (1 per each full year of employment completed)