Job Title: Transport planner – Full Load
Main Purpose of Job:
To meet customers’ requirements for the safe and efficient transport of their cargo effectively and in accordance with company operational procedures and statutory requirements including Health & Safety to the satisfaction of clients and the profit of the company.
The main part of the job is to arrange full load consignments between UK the European markets and increase and develop this already growing business area.
This include sourcing haulage and negotiating prices, cooperating with all offices abroad and colleagues within the UK whilst identifying and exploiting opportunities to increase both profitability and turnover and above all possess a “can do” attitude.
- Arrange and develop full trailer loads from UK into Europe
- Planning full loads to ensure cost effectiveness, to provide the service level as shown within the agreed schedules and to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Haulage sourcing and rate negotiating and assessing any subcontractors ensuring they are approved and fulfil any legal requirements.
- Liaise with all offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- Communicate with and service customers in a professional manner
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Communicate with drivers and hauliers to ensure issues are resolved promptly.
- Arrange with approved hauliers for transport of cargo, confirm availability of equipment and agree prices where no tariff exists in order to maximise cost effectiveness.
- Perform and correctly implement General Administration, e.g. check costs in accordance with departmental requirements, create CMRs, communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU’s, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures.
The Ideal candidate will have strong planning experience and a general knowledge on current market rates for Eastern, Central and Southern Europe. Familiarity with freight exchange sites such as Timocom etc. would be desirable.