We are a well-established company with over 32 years on the market and extremely pleased to have available within our vibrant sometimes, fast paced team a position further for an experienced multimodal import /export clerk.
This role is an existing position suited for a person who has key essential attention to detail, takes pride in their level of work and someone who would enjoy data inputting in various varieties and dealing with paperwork, Customs entries relating to importing / exporting cargo around the world.
As an import/export clerk, you will be working closely with other members of the team to support the day-to-day processes and procedures of our freight department.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Process freight shipments
· Customs Entries
· Monitor arrival ensuring client updates are provided
· Prepare and transmit customs entries
· Ensuring any duty and vat are charged prior delivery.
· Ensuring files fully charged out and budgeted on our system prior delivery .
· Plan and arrange import deliveries
· Making sure with the customer that the shipping line or merchant haulier has achieved delivery on time !!
· Work closely with team members to ensure customer service levels are maintained
· Update internal order management system
A good knowledge of the freight industry
Excellent attention to detail
Strong IT skills
Ability to perform under pressure
Able to use initiative and organize own workload
Creative approach to problem solving and to thinking ’outside the box’
Salary: depends on experience, but negotiable .
Office based 9:00 hrs- 17:30 hrs or alternately 08.30 hrs until 17.00 hrs.
20 days off + holiday banks
Southport Merseyside initially for training , possibly 2 or 3 months , depending
On candidate ability.
Applicants outside the district are welcome as far as Manchester as long as prepared to undergo
Training at Birkdale in the start up stage ..
Modes of transport ; all preferable, or mainly sea / air if not fully intermodal.