Principal purpose of the role
- Experienced in Market research with the key objective of identifying new business opportunities.
- Cold calling prospective clients, to make appointments for the sales representatives.
- Key responsibilities are the utilization of the sales database, inputting new information to ensure opportunities are maximized.
- Preparation of quotations, proposals, company literature, PowerPoint presentations and mail shot campaigns.
- Working as part of the sales team, to feedback market knowledge of rates, products as well as competitor analysis.
Main duties and responsibilities of this role
- Cold calling is essential daily to ensure that there are enough new prospects generated to identify any business opportunities.
- Assisting with quotations maybe requested by the sales executive, all quotes must be logged onto the sales database.
- Building a database of prospects by commodity to send out regular mailshots.
- Appointments must be fully qualified with credit checks, company profile, directions to appointments and client overview form completed with appointment confirmed prior to call.
- Maintaining files of prospects and schedules calls for future opportunities in the sales database.
- Ensuring that all data in the CRM system is entered correctly and progressed to conclusion.
- Creating a central holding point for all sales information where the sales team can access data, i.e., Presentations, training guides etc.
- Weekly Report in conjunction with the salesperson outlining new prospects added, appointments secured and weekly overview of the strategy/market conditions etc.
- Pipeline updated with all new prospects and appointments made
- Monthly Report from internal sales meeting format to be developed.
- You will complete monthly sales report on new business gained.
- You will assist in the weekly sales reports of your sales executive and report your
target appointments on a weekly basis.
- Targets will be 8 appointments per week meeting the “Ideal Client” criteria set up in the Sales procedure handbook.
Skills and Abilities
- Cold calling experience required.
- Time management skills are an essential.
- Experience of working in a target driven environment.
- IT Literature, MS office skills, PowerPoint experience essential
- Product knowledge of different trade lanes and services, within the freight forwarding market
- Proficiency with sales database.
- Ability to work as part of a team, developing new product awareness where required.
- Experience of freight quotations and or proposals.
- Adhering to all policies outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Adhering to all HR and Health and Safety policies
- Performance Development Reviews – to participate in the PDR process and to identify specific training needs.
- Monday to Friday
- 9:00am – 5:15pm