A position has become available at our Head office in Wirral for a Transport/Logistics Coordinator reporting to Office and Administration Manager. We’re looking for someone that is passionate about offering the finest possible solutions to our clients while also maintaining high levels of excellent customer service.
As a Transport/Coordinator, you will work with our existing logistics and sales teams to provide unique accelerated shipping options to our national and international clients.
Transport Coordinator – Position Overview
· To organize collections, deliveries, and transfers by communicating with transport, forwarding and storage companies.
· Liaising with customers, suppliers and producers to arrange time critical routes nationally and internationally.
· Ensure quotes and other specific documentation are provided within industry SLA, such as Organic Certification.
· Monitoring shipments, keeping clients up to date, providing POD’s and ensuring that our own internal systems for checking and recording incoming documents are maintained to an exceptionally high standard.
· Plan and execute logistics solutions with our existing logistics providers.
· Liaise with new potential transport and logistics providers to obtain best price and service.
· Ensuring client satisfaction.
· Providing adhoc transportation solutions by road, air, and sea.
Transport Coordinator – Position Requirements
· Must be able to understand and implement customs and entry requirements, including an understanding of organic rules with regards to imports and exports.
· Prior customer experience within a transport/logistics role.
· Excellent IT skills, Proficient MS Excel.
· Strong organisational skills and ability to plan and execute logistical solutions.
· Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
· Attention to detail.
· Teamwork and an aptitude for coordinating your work with Accounts, Quality and Sales departments.
What we will offer to you:
· Company Pension Scheme
· Excellent pay and discretionary bonus
· 23 days holiday plus public holidays
· On site Car Park
· Salary £25,000 to 28,000 negotiable upon experience.