- To raise shipment packs and collate supporting documentation ( Packing lists, Commercial Invoices, P.O.D) and Co-ordinates custom clearing for imports and managing exports in a timely manner via phone and or email.
- To liaise with Freight Forwarders when required to assist with inbound clearances.
- To create monthly Import/Export shipment packs that can be clear and concise for audit purposes.
- Liaising with internal colleagues (Stores, Sales, Repairs and Procurement) regarding import & export of parts & components.
- To check and verify Freight Forwarder invoices for both imports & exports so they can be authorised for payment.
- Must be proactive and work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Will be able to interrogate HMRC website for HS codes for newly created components.
- Will be able to complete a Bill of Discharge as per HMRC generated timescales.
- Will be able to respond to requests for information from HMRC as and when required and maintaining our customs authorisations as required (AEO, IPR and Customs Warehousing).
- A degree of flexibility is required in this unique role as the duties may be modified from time to time to suit the needs of the business. This may include assisting the Stores team with stock ckecks, goods receiving and goods dispatch.
- To hold a minimum of 3+ years in handling clearing and forwarding clearances for customs purposes.
- Be familiar with HMRC regulations appertaining to Custom clearances for import and exports.
- Be familiar with IPR, AEO, Bill of Discharge and CBW procedures.
- To be able to demonstrate that can work well un-supervised and take ownership; able to address any issues that arise prior to importation/exportation.