Main purpose of the role
To process all imports arrivals, administering all aspects of import documentation, complying with all necessary controls, formalities and procedures, whilst maintaining a high standard of accuracy and customer care at all times.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- To collate all the necessary information to ensure all arrivals are cleared promptly, correctly processed, and profitably charged out.
- To provide customers with accurate information about specific jobs, through effective liaison with customs, colleagues, overseas agents, and carriers.
- To offer a high standard of customer service to both internal and external customers, by demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner, taking responsibility to ensure that work passed onto others is of high quality.
- To demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of Customs formalities, ensure all import procedures adhere to these regulations and be capable of providing information and advice to customers when necessary.
- To administer jobs in accordance with the Company’s accounting procedure, ensuring that secured funds are always received for VAT and Duty.
- To alert the Line Manager of any pending claims and process any insurance claims promptly and professionally, in accordance with Company procedures.
- To deal with any communication into and out of the department in a customer focused, professional manner.
- To ensure that all activities operate within the Company’s policies and procedures and to demonstrate a commitment to these through their own working practices.
- To build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company.
- To ensure that all documentation, records and systems are accurate and kept up to date.
- To prepare and present information for the Company’s management team as required.
- To comply with Aviation Security, the Health and Safety statement and the ISO and IIP procedures in all areas of responsibility.
- To carry out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and offer support to other departments when required.
Up to £35,000 p/a