We are working on behalf of a Global Freight Forwarder, recruiting for a Freight Forwarder to work in their beautiful rural offices in Redditch.
You could have Air OR Ocean, Import OR Export experience. There will be mentoring and training provided. If you are coming from Manufacturing / Supply Chain and want to move in to the Freight Forwarding industry, this will be your chance.
Position: Air / Ocean Import / Export Operator
Salary: £24-27k dep. on exp.
We have available interview dates, and we are working with this client on an exclusive basis so apply now if you have this experience and we can get your CV to the client today.
- Manage import and export process
- You will be assigned Key Accounts to look after from A-Z
- Arrange and Manage carrier bookings
- Receive bookings from clients and issue booking confirmation
- Arrange haulage with UK warehouses
- Liaise with UK warehouses to book container loading
- Issue manifest to warehouses
- Resolve loading issues as appropriate
- Issue pre-alert documents
- Ensure cost estimates are entered on all jobs
- Check purchase invoices are correct on receipt
- Ensure all operational issues are clearly documented
- Access invoice queries on a daily basis, resolve any queries and forward anything that is on your list in error to correct party
- Close files after checking everything has been charged/costed and maximum profitability is achieved
- Answer telephone in a timely manner