We are working on behalf of a Global Freight Forwarder, recruiting for an Ocean Export Operations candidate in Burton-upon-Trent.
Position: Ocean Export Operator
Salary: £24-28k dep. on exp.
We have available interview dates, and we are working with this client on an exclusive basis so apply now if you have this experience and we can get your CV to the client today.
You MUST have experience in Freight Forwarding.
- Manage export process via system
- Ocean Export Operations experience
- Arrange and Manage carrier bookings
- Receive bookings from clients and issue booking confirmation
- Arrange haulage with UK warehouses
- Liaise with UK warehouses to book container loading
- Issue manifest to warehouses
- Resolve loading issues as appropriate
- Issue pre-alert documents
- Ensure cost estimates are entered on all jobs
- Check purchase invoices are correct on receipt. Pass all correct invoices for payment and dispute anything that is not as agreed.
- Ensure all operational issues are clearly documented
- Access invoice queries on a daily basis, resolve any queries and forward anything that is on your list in error to correct party
- Close files after checking everything has been charged/costed and maximum profitability is achieved
- Answer telephone in a timely manner