Main Purpose of Job
- To win new business and work to agreed budget targets.
- To strengthen market position by locating, developing, defining, promoting, negotiating, and
- securing new business opportunities by closing the sale.
- You will develop and maintain DSV Road services to existing and potential clients ensuring a profitable return for the company.
- Actively promote and develop DSV Road services within a defined region.
- The job holder will also promote DSV Air & Sea and Solutions services offering clients “One DSV” Transport and Logistic solutions.
- Complete sales reports, manage their own Pipeline reports in accordance with the company quality procedures in our CRM system (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Calculate and submit freight quotations and tenders efficiently and follow up accordingly, within the defined company format.
- Communicate and distribute all successful quotations to the relevant departments in accordance with current procedures.
- Complete sales reports, customer profile reports in accordance with the company quality procedures.
- Achieve agreed or given targets/deadlines as directed by the Regional Sales Manager and Sales and Marketing Director.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Liaise closely with Market Managers and staff at the relevant location and establish a close working relationship.
- Always maintain a high standard of personal presentation to enhance company profile.
- Provide statistics / analysis as defined / required
- Maintain appropriate knowledge of competition and marketplace activity, reporting back any trends or developments.
- Building relationships with key decision makers.
- A result orientated, hardworking, self-starter who has a good understanding of the
- Logistics industry with strong closing skills.
- A positive thinker, you are the kind of individual who constantly challenges yourself to exceed expectations and is not easily deterred from achieving goals.
- Excellent interpersonal & administration skills with accurate pipeline forecasting
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the business, good persuasive, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent processing & time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Driving success via using initiative, determination & persistent
- Possess a full driving license.