To co-ordinate, control and monitor shipments for the General Freight Forwarding (GFF) team by ensuring that all shipments are handled in accordance with the agreed quote.
Position interfaces with
- Transport Sub-contractors
- Packing Sub-contractors
- HSE & Quality
- Overseas Offices
- IT Department
- Accounts Department
- Shipping Lines/ Airlines/Hauliers
- Packing Warehouse
- Transit Warehouse
Responsibilities & objectives
- Multimodal operational responsibility from end to end operations through to invoicing and file closing
- Customs clearance management with agents for cross trade cargo on a multimodal basis
- Conversant with duty deferment and VAT requirements for UK import files
- Export customs paperwork including guidance to customers for any new/changing requirements
- Prepare / checking shipping documents
- Issue quotations
- Timely coordination with subcontractors to ensure that transport chains are handled in the most time and cost efficient manner.
- Ensure clients timetables are achieved
- Booking multimodal transport from global locations
- Cross checking suppliers paperwork
- Update BLU with all required timestamps and paperwork.
- Ensure all job files are completed in accordance with QA and project requirements
- Check and confirm shipment arrivals to destination
As per systems on the operational
- Our client uses their own FF system created by their own IT company in Germany. It is called BLU and is a programme created to be able to EDI interchange with customers and suppliers on projects.
- Very user friendly and with enormous capabilities.
- It has a Financial / accounting integrated programme, tracking, dashboards specifically designed for customer needs, Carbon foot print calculations per shipment.
- We also have sold the system to other companies.
- They regularly use, Microsoft, excel, PP, customs chief and CDS…..
Competency required for the position
- Certificates available to prove competence:
Education / Qualification
- Demonstrate good level of competency in Maths and English
- Multi-lingual although not a requirement would be an advantage
Preferred Work Experience to include the following:
- Project Freight Forwarding
- Air Freight
- International Road Freight
- Sea Freight
- Customs requirements for import and export purposes
- Incoterms awareness
- Import and Export compliance
- Customer Focused
- Determination to deliver a job well done
- Able to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise
- Organised and methodical
- Good numeracy & verbal skills
- Ability to Multi Task
- 8:00 hrs am to 17:00hrs PM – Monday to Thursday.
- And 08:00hrs to 16:00 hrs on Friday.
25 days holiday a year