Wondering how to research companies for interviews before applying for a role? Do you know what to research about a company for an interview?
Interviews can be stressful and worrying, but researching companies before interviews is a great way to help you feel more prepared and confident in your answers.
By doing this, you will be prepared in the right head space for your upcoming interviews.
It will also show that you understand the company, and that you are enthusiastic about the role.
Completing company research for interviews and finding out their missions and company culture will also allow you to quickly see if it’s the right place for you.
When interviewing, it’s important to choose companies that genuinely interest and excite you.
Don’t accept a position with an employer whose values do not match your own.
This could lead to you leaving a company prematurely, so your research is crucial to working for a company that suits you
Here are some of the key factors to find out from your research:
- What the company does and the industry they operate in
- Where it is located
- The approximate team size
- The company’s history, major successes and defining moments
- The company’s customers/clients or target audience
- The industry the company operates in
- Products or services that the company has recently launched
- The company’s mission, aims, objectives or goals